Vendor Course Instruction (VCI) is the use of extracurricular activities to supplement and enrich core curriculum content. A Vendor Course Instructor is an individual or a company that contracts with Gorman Learning Charter Network (GLCN) to provide services such as tutoring, science labs, and performing arts classes.
Vendor Applicants at a Glance
- Be open to the public.
- Have a business license, where required.
- Have liability insurance for a minimum of $1,000,000.
- Clear Live Scan through the Department of Justice.
- Employers must be Applicant Agency with the Department of Justice conducting criminal background checks of all applicants, contractors, employees, and volunteers who have contact with students.
- Willing to accept Purchase Orders (PO).
- Submit invoice after contracted services are rendered.
VCI Policy at a Glance
- Services must be provided by an approved VCI vendor.
- Can be used for tutoring services or special workshops to broaden basic knowledge and skills.
- VCI can only pay for lessons taken during the academic year (See GLCN Academic Calendar).
- The student must have a purchase order to start and/or continue receiving vendor services.
- Parent/Student are advised to contact the vendor to confirm purchase order approval before beginning or continuing services.
- VCI does not pay for registration and/or material fees [Ed. Code. 51747.3].
- Any amount owed to the vendor that exceeds the student’s approved purchase order is not the responsibility of Gorman Learning Charter Network.
Please read the information and documents provided below regarding vendorship with GLCN. The documents are in PDF format.